Software Engineer, Back End
Swirl is seeking an enthusiastic software developer who wants to be part of a fast-paced, expanding software development team to help craft the next generation of mobile marketing and advertising products at Swirl. This role is responsible for developing key pieces of Swirl’s backend infrastructure. The ideal candidate should have excellent software development skills, great attention to detail and willingness to learn. He/she will work with other server engineers on implementing and maintaining Swirl’s advertising platform capable of serving millions of users.
- Develop and maintain Swirl’s backend infrastructure.
- Code and test side-by-side with other talented developers and designers to drive the evolution and expansion of Swirl’s technology.
- Play an integral part in technical project delivery with uncompromising quality.
- 3-7 years of professional software development experience.
- Knowledge of one or more modern programming languages (Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Hands on experience with database design and optimization using Postgres, MySQL, SQLServer or Oracle.
- Experience developing cloud based, high traffic, multi-user applications.
- Working knowledge of the LAMP stack.
- Familiar with AWS services (EC2, RDS, Kinesis, S3, Redshift)
- Proven ability to work in a small fast-paced start-up team.
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity.
- BS or Masters in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.